Rape culture is the fact that a woman can get raped and every support system she is supposed to have to help her get through it uses this as an excuse to tear her apart.
- It’s when friends say, “Well, what did you expect him to do when you invited him over?”
- It’s when police ask you what you were wearing.
- It’s when all his friends call you a lying whore for pressing charges.
- It’s when you’re bullied and harassed for being honest about the crime. (Look up Jada’s horrible experience with social media.)
- It’s when your university punishes rape with probation from campus trips but punishes plagiarism with expulsion.
- It’s when women have to constantly justify their promiscuity before an attack had nothing to do with their rape.
- It’s when sex workers’ rapists are charged with “theft of services.”
It is any culture that perpetuates rape as something that is the victim’s fault or something the victim should have been able to avoid.